My nana’s old sewing machine! My dad said it might have been my nana’s mother’s. It’s so special all the same. I love anything that’s passed down in my family
What family heirlooms have you inherited?
And I promise things on the blog will be back to normal next week. If you’re anything like me, you’ve taken a break from normal life for the holidays. Here’s a quick update for what I have been up to:
- Got the new iPhone 5! So happy to finally have a smart phone. So guilty that the one I got was assembled by a 12 year old girl in China.
- Fought with Man-Beast in Best Buy about what cover I should have got for my iPhone. I wanted the awesome Chewbacca cover that had real fake fur on it and a yellow sash! He told me I really need to look like an adult and try to appear “professional.” So I got a blue cover. Maybe for my iPad (that I’ll get in five years) I’ll get the C-3PO cover! Maybe they’ll have the Ninja Turtles by then.
- My parents were in town for Christmas! They had to lug this heavy sewing machine around two different airports, for two different delays and layovers. Poor things. Man-Beast and I took them straight to Total Wine once they finally made it in. That’s how we show appreciation in this house.
- Been snowboarding and now I can’t really move. At all. Typing is the extent of it.
- Going downtown tonight for New Year’s and I’m wondering if I’ll need a wheelchair for getting around?
- Trying to figure out what to wear for New Year’s that is a) sexy, b) comfortable, c) easy to walk in, and d) resembles a disco ball in some way. I’m thinking a bedazzeled Snuggie.
What are you doing for New Year’s? And what will you be wearing!?