Papa Bear gets batted out of this week’s best sellers list and a new cover appears. Check in every Saturday to see what is going on in this crazy world of books (and by “crazy,” I mean that Nicholas Sparks is … again … number one. Tisk. Tisk,)
1. Safe Haven by Nicolas Sparks | Apparently it’s safe haven is in the number one spot … again. (I’m judging you, ladies and/or weird men.)
2. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover | Good girl has sexy times with bad boy and thus becomes, your number two pick this week.
3. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn | This girl ain’t gone anywhere. She’s staying on this list. (I said that in a Huckleberry Finn accent!)
4. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien | My friends and I got kicked out of the bar in Oxford where Tolkien and C.S. Lewis used to hang out. Not really related to this book or the best seller list, I just thought you would want to know. I’m kinda bad-ass. In a classic literature sort of way.
5. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James | Dear casting director of this movie…
6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel by Jeff Kinney | Another tangent, who is Jeff Kinney dating? Do you think his girlfriend reads these books? Do you think she sometimes dresses up as Greg, like in some kinky kind of way? … Probably.
7. Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James | For Christian Grey, you need to cast…
8. Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James | Henry Cavill. Thanks.
9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky | I can’t imagine anyone older than 18 reading this book, because really, who wants to relive high school? Somebody lied to us when they said those are the best years of our lives. (Secret for those who are 18 and below … it’s your young professional years.)
10. Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander | This book knocking Bill O’Reilly out of the top 10 spot is proof enough!