Call me crazy …
(Waiting for you to yell at your screen …)
But I am a fan of SNL and always have been. It’s so trendy to call SNL bad. But I’ve always thought it was funny. Here’s a fun bit of trivia! Back when Will Ferrel & Tina Fey were on SNL, everyone said it sucked! A few years later when Kristen Wiig & Andy Samberg were on, everyone again said it sucked! Everyone just has it all wrong. I know a good thing when I see it.
Which brings me to last night …
Melissa McCarthy, my imaginary best friend, was back on Saturday Night Live last night and here are a few thoughts I had:
- You know Melissa is funny when she’s the main character in all of her skits
- Taran is kind of a cutie patootie … with long legs
- The audience last night was great! They screamed and laughed a lot. Loren Michaels should pay them to come back every episode
- Poor Peter Dinkledge. They gave him the worst joke in the Drunk Uncle skit
- Seth Meyers had a smile on his face all during Weekend Update that said, “That’s right. Next season, I’m hosting Late Night“
- Ummm … Fred Armisen is still on the show? They gave him, about, two lines last night
- Meliss (my new nickname for my new BFF) is brilliant at improv. The game show skit. Oh, the game show skit!
- I’m surprised Kristen Wiig didn’t make a “surprise” guest appearance because Meliss was on? (Side note: when in the prehistoric world is her next movie coming out? A gal can watch Bridesmaids only so many times.)